TIA Portal Scaling analog input

Normally just work with the 1200 PLCs that only have 0-10V analog inputs and have to use a 500 ohm resistor to convert a sensor with 4-20 ma output to a 2-10V signal and scale accordingly. Not ideal, but it works.

I want to ask another question
if I choose an analog input as PT100 let us assume it is (IW1) then value stored there is the temperature direct or what ??
if not what I have to do to convert it
thanks all

First of all, you should keep to even numbers. So IW0 (PIW0) or IW2.

If you set your analog input as pt100, you will get the temperature scaled by 10 or 100. This is easy to check out.

So you just have to convert it to a real and divide it by 10 or 100, to get 1 or 2 decimal points for your temperature.

Similar Topics

Hi, Didn't found an answer to this particular problem. As everyone probably knows if you use windows scaling of display crazy things happen to...
Replies
Views
Dear all Iam using three load cells connected in parallel to calibrate the weight of a product but in don't have a weighting module in my...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm from an Allen-Bradley background and i'm using an S7-300 on a project. With scaling a channel in AB I had a Scaling Block setup which...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I just want to scale an analog output to 0-10V from an Integer value in the PLC (S7-1500) using Portal version 13. I assume it hinges...
Replies
Views
Hello, good morning, I have been having two problems with the Tia Portal software. The first is that I have installed it on my computer and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom