TIA Portal Scaling analog output

bgeary

Hi Guys, I just want to scale an analog output to 0-10V from an Integer value in the PLC (S7-1500) using Portal version 13. I assume it hinges around NORM X and SCALE X but a simple example of description would be great.:sleep:

Just for your info, Scale and unscale work only for the analog inputs and outputs of your IO. norm_X and scale_x are used in combination to be more flexible, and can be used to scale anything: analog IO, degrees C to F, mi to km, whatever. Norm_x normalizes the numbers, which means it takes the source and converts it to a 0.0 to 1.0 scale. Scale_X takes the 0.0 to 1.0 scale, and converts it to the engineering units you need.

The scale and unscale blocks work for what you are trying to do, I just wanted to answer your original question of what norm_x and scale_x are for.

Good point. The calculate block is great if you know the equation.

The Norm_X/Scale_X combo is good for when all you know is the two ranges you are trying to scale between, and don't want to worry about the math. It does require a linear relationship, however.