timed conveyer

timed conveyer

can u guys guide me ? am i doing it right or wrong?

STOP START CONVEYER

I:000/07 I:000/10 TIMER FOR 5 SEC
--| |--------| |----------T4:0

T4:0/EN O:004/00 CONVEYER
---||-------------( )

0:004/00 T4:0/DN TIMER for 2 sec under the feeder 1
|/|--------| |---------T4:1

t4:1/TT
| |-------

As Doug_P has shown.
IF {start input TRUE .OR. IF system on output TRUE} .AND. stop input TRUE (remember, it's normally closed) THEN system on output TRUE

Translates to

Start Stop Run
---[ ]--+--[/]----( )
Run |
---[ ]--+

Then you start you timers...cascaded just like the Traffic Light Problem...Did you finish that ?????

Run
---[ ]--+--------------|TIM 0| 5 sec conveyer run
| TIM 0
+--[ ]---------|TIM 1| 2 sec feed
| TIM 1
+--[ ]---------|TIM 2| 2 sec

Run Tim 0 Conveyor Run
---[ ]--+--[/]---------+---( )
| Tim 1 Tim 2 |
+--[ ]--[/]----+

Run TIM 0 TIM 1 Feeder
--[ ]-----[ ]-----[/]----( )

You fill in the rest..................

Jessica,

It appears that on your third line the -|/|- will prevent the second timner from coming on after the the conveyer starts.

When writing code or drawing relays and contacts, they are drawen showing all power off on all components. Therefore your third line should start with a N/O converyer contact for that line to go live.

Additionally when posting code try spacing out the elements a little more so that its displayed more clearly.

It seems your starting to get it.

Mike

Has your teacher told you about internal bits yet (B3/xx)? You're going to need to start using them. Your first rung requires that the start and stop buttons be of the maintained type. If you were to stop the conveyor by the stop button, as soon as you released it, the conveyor would restart. Is that what you want to happen?

The conveyor could be started as you've provided for in the second rung, but you know that it's going have to be started again. You may not realize it yet, but you're heading in the direction of the dreaded 'double coil syndrome', and in that direction lies madness. Replace the O:4/00 address with B3/00 and label the B3/00 bit "First Start". When tyou program the logic to restart the conveyor after the first filling station, use B3/01 and label that bit "Second Start". Later, use a XIC B3/00 in parallel with an XIC B3/01 to turn on O:4/00. Of course you'll need another internal for turning on the conveyor following the second filling station ("Third Start").

TOF is an Off-delay timer. TON is an On-delay timer. At this stage of your career, stay away from the TOF timer. It will needlessly confuse you.

The DN bit of a TON set for a 5 second PRE will go TRUE 5 seconds after the EN bit goes TRUE. The EN bit is controlled by the ladder logic to the left of the TON function in your program.

steve u mean once conveyer stop under feeder to restart conveyer i need to use b3/00 for first conveyer run and to run second time b3/01
can i put my timer other way around then this?

first way
run t4:0 run
---[ ]--+-[/]---------+--( )----
| |
| T4:1 T4:2 |
+--[ ]-- [/]--+-

can i put them in series or other suggestion to fix this one up?

If this is what you meant

run t4:0 Conveyor Run
---[ ]--+-[/]---------+--( )----
| |
| T4:1 T4:2 | |
+--[ ]-- [/]-+

Then yep your on the right track

Assuming that T4:1 is the 2 second feeder timer
and T4:2 is the 2 sec conveyor run timer

Sigh, another student, more homework.

At least it wasn't a traffic light.

Pierre said:

then maybee cooking lessons would be more appropriate.

Pierre, celui était drôle!

John

And I tought only car mechanics and baseball players where sexist!

Imagine the flames when a boy/man ask such questions, my fellows on this site even post almost completed ladders.

You guys are sexists shame on us!

(What will they do when they figure out that Jessica's real name is Bob?)

Since you opened the door........

I was thinking the same thing Pierre, I just didn't have the guts to post it. Maybe if we all thought of the female student posters looking like this:

[attachment]

we might not be so apt to do their homework for them! :p

ugly.jpg

Last edited: