TMR in logicmaster 90-70

bdoutney

Lifetime Supporting Member
I had to delay an output for 3 seconds so I added a TMR in the rung right before the output using 3 unused words from the %P register like I found elsewhere in the program.
Most of the examples I find on this forum use %R instead.
Which one is the best way to do this?
Also after the CV-current value time reaches the PV-preset value the CV keeps accumulating. Will it be a problem if it reaches the maximum value?

Geez - a long time between drinks here. I always used %R - cannot help you with the accumulator.

I had to delay an output for 3 seconds so I added a TMR in the rung right before the output using 3 unused words from the %P register like I found elsewhere in the program.
Most of the examples I find on this forum use %R instead.
Which one is the best way to do this?
Also after the CV-current value time reaches the PV-preset value the CV keeps accumulating. Will it be a problem if it reaches the maximum value?
The two types of memory %R and %P are similar in how they are used, the difference is in how they can be accessed.
From PME online help:
"The size of the %P data block is based on the highest %P reference address in all blocks. %P addresses are available only to the program they are used in, including C blocks called from LD blocks; they are not system-wide."

%R registers are global, while %P registers are local to a subroutine. There is no problem with the accumulator continuing to increment. This is normal.