Toshiba EX100

DemCon

Hi, does anybody know if a HMI can be used with an old Toshiba EX100 PLC and if so which one? I cannot find any driver in the E-Designer software. Also are these PLC's obsolete now?

Hello,

PeakHMI has a Toshiba RS485 and UDP driver. I do not know if it will work with the EX100. You could try with the demo version to verify communications.

1st of all I don't know anything about using a HMI on this plc. I did find thru Google there were some cable diagrams that suggested how to connect to a QuickPanel. I think they were sold by GE. Maybe forum member Steve Bailey can confirm this. Yes, I believe these plcs are obsolete now.

Edit:I can't tell which direction you want to go with this, but, if you don't already have this system setup up and running, I would try to completely upgrade to a current platform that already has a working/compatible HMI available.

Last edited:
The Toshiba EX100 is probably knocking on for 20 years obsolete
The software was made for DOS and was very unreliable.
Cutler Hammer rebadged the same PLC.

A lot of power stations here in the UK used to use a lot of them.
The output relays were very weak and always failing.
I used to make a lot of money repairing and replacing the relays on the output PCB
(with better quality relays I might add)
There was always a pile of them on my bench waiting for every output relay to be changed.

Time to send it to the National Museum of old PLC's

Thanks to you all for your replies. I suspected that the Toshiba EX100 was obsolete, I used to program Toshiba PLC's over 20 years ago. This PLC is on an existing machine which they want to upgrade, planning on getting rid of a load of switches and lamps on the control panel in the process. It looks like I will have to replace the PLC as well.
Your replies are greatly appreciated, Thanks