Touch problems with Siemens TP170B

orense

Hello,

I have a service engineer on site, and he is struggling with a touch panel.
The touch pointer is way off where he is pressing the touch screen.
So much that he is not able to go into control panel and calibrate it.

Does anybody know any other method to fix this, if there is any dip switch setting or anything that resets the panel completely?

Or is it scrap?

Thanks for suggestions!
Andreas

Does the TP170B have an USB port ?
If it does, you can use that to access the windows control panel and the touch calibration.

I think also that the touch calibration can be started by a system function. So you could assign that system function to a PLC tag on event change value, and thereby be able to activate it from the PLC.
You would have to setup that in a modified project and download it to the panel.

Thanks,

No the panel does not have any usb port. Only 9 pins ports.

My colleague is trying to factory reset it, if it does not work, then I will try to load the system function you mention.

Brg
Andreas

Hi
I would ask him to try and work out the touch 'offset' so he could do the calibration by touching the screen. I realise it is not easy

Cheers