TP 270 , Op3 , Op17 Upload

hagos

Dear folks,

What do I need to upload OP3 , Op17, and TP 270(I mean what software should I buy?) , I appreciate if you descripe the steps of doing that.

Cheers
Hagos

Hello hagos;
On the following link you can download Prosave; this software will allow you to upload the program from a OP17 and a TP270; not from a OP3 (there is no option I know of to do that).

http://support.automation.siemens.com/-snm-0135109872-1116758784-0000002352-0000012143-1119179662-enm-WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&objId=10347815&objAction=csOpen&lang=en&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0

Once you hve installed Prosave, connect from your Com port to the RS-232 port of the HMI through a null-modem cable, and launch the program to do your upload.

Note that you cannot see the uploaded program (in Protool for example); it is compiled. You can only download it to another display of the same model.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
Still in need of help to back up my OP3

Thanks Daniel, I'm now able to back up my TP270 & Op17, still looking for some one to help on saving my Op3.

Cheers
hagos

hagos said:
Dear folks,

What do I need to upload OP3 , Op17, and TP 270(I mean what software should I buy?) , I appreciate if you descripe the steps of doing that.

Cheers
Hagos

DEAR,

u need standard software for desigining the op/Tp. i.e. "protool"

Hello jayesh.monpara;
Are you sure Protool has an upload function that will work with an OP3?
Daniel Chartier

Hi Jayesh,

I'll ask the same question, are you sure that Prottol works with Op3?Cause when I run it the Op3 is not included in the field of DEVICE TYPE

Cheers
Hagos

Cable configuration

--- Once you hve installed Prosave, connect from your Com port to the RS-232 port of the HMI through a null-modem cable, and launch the program to do your upload.

Can you give me the details on the pin configuration. When you say null modem configuration, is it 9 pin (pc) to 15 pin on the OP27.

or can I use the same cable (9 pin to 15pin) that used to download the user program from Protool to OP.

Do correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.
Shandra

TP 270 uploading

Hi,

I want to upload the HMI graphics from TP270 by using protool. But it is said above that it is not able to see the programs because its compiled , is it including the Graphic interface ?. Can anyone please tell me what the pin connection are ? Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Ann

TP 270 uploading

Hi,

I want to upload the HMI graphics from TP270 by using protool. But it is said above that it is not able to see the programs because its compiled , is it including the Graphic interface ?. Can anyone please tell me what the pin connection are ? Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Ann

Anie.
It will only be possible to upload the configuration file if the original programmer decided to set the "enable upload" function in Protool AND there is a CF card inserted in the slot in the rear of the panel.

If these two requirements are not met, you can upload an image file of the panel with the ProSave utility. This image file is not editable in Protool though.

edit: The cable you need is just a common 9-pin to 9-pin Null-modem cable. pins 2-3, 3-2, 5-5.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I have another question. When I uploaded the program from S7 300, I won't have any symbols and comment but is it possible that I update the program and download it back to the PLC ? or should I make a whole new program ?. What do I suppose to do in this case?

Thanks,
Ann

If you have the original program with symbols and comments, then do use this to make your changes. You will then have the symbols and comments in the future too.
There is a compare function in STEP7 that will tell you if there are differences between the offline and online programs.