Traffic Light Programming problem

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have been working on this traffic light program since like 2000 and something.

It's actually more difficult than I thought.

I see why some programmers don't connect the crosswalk pushbutton.

Do you enable the crosswalk pushbuttons?

And if so, what do I set the timer at?

So far all I got is the rung comment.

(* Um, the light is going to change on its own before this timer goes done*)

Back when I did it, yes, I included the push buttons. I don't remember the specifics of how I did it, and don't know where my project is stored. I've had so many computers since then, it could be anywhere, or gone.

Thank GOD I was never associated with programming, nor ever worked on a traffic light. You can sit at one here for a good 5 minutes before the green arrow shows up for a left turn.

Meanwhile, all these gal's are using the mirrors in their vehicle to doll themselves up to hit the workday.

Yep, you can get stuck behind someone that's not paying attention and have to wait... again... for the next green arrow.

The Punishers, bike group with leathers and all. Lead bike set the pace as a slow roll. Group of many bikes in the middle, then a lag bike making sure no one can pass. That lag bike Ticked off a few people in front of me because he was blocking everyone's attempt to pass.

They come up to a 4 way, and everyone passed thru that in one shot. Come up to a RED light a few miles north, and they all went thru that without regard for anyone else.

I guess your traffic light programming is only a suggestion.

Last edited:
I have been working on this traffic light program since like 2000 and something.

It's actually more difficult than I thought.

I see why some programmers don't connect the crosswalk pushbutton.

Do you enable the crosswalk pushbuttons?

And if so, what do I set the timer at?

At least you weren't posting something about alternating pumps:beerchug:

Not sure where that is directed to, but only work in the real world. No simulations or emulations.

Simulators can be a great tool to have. They're great for training and for keeping skills sharp. Also good for testing logic before putting it in a machine that might cost big bucks or be dangerous if it does the wrong thing.
I know most of us are sure of our logic skills, but everybody has an off day. I don't want to risk injuring or killing somebody because I didn't sleep well the night before.