Transfer Data from PLC

PLC Newman

Hello folks, :)

I'm new to the plc programming, and I have a question that would be great if you help in:

I have a bit that goes high every time a machine fail, and I want to record the time and date every time this bit goes high (for maintenance reasons). Is there a simple way to do that and to transfer those data to excel sheet or any other type of files that any one can open and read? đź“š

Note: we use Studio5000

This is possible if you have a license for RSLinx Classic Single Node, Classic OEM, or Gateway. You can set up an OPC/DDE configuration that polls the PLC for specific tags and places them in an Excel sheet. As far as I know, it's not possible to do it with the free RSLinx that most people use unfortunately. Search on YouTube for "RSLinx Excel" and there's a few good videos on how to set it up.