Transient voltage protection on ungrounded system

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a piece of equipment being installed that is IT ungrounded by design.

I'm wondering what protective measures can be taken for transient voltage spikes. Is it okay to use surge suppression on an IT system? All the equipment is bonded and we have a central grounding bus on the chassis.

I was going to use Allen Bradley 4983-DH Heavy-Duty AC Surge Protectors (MOV style) but this type of protection isn't typically recommended on IT systems due to the potentially higher than normal voltages seen on an IT system.

Similar Topics

Hello all, I have 7 Q series PLCs on a Melsec net/h network, Ladder Programming none of that fancy smancy ST stuff LOL :p. Were running the...
Replies
Views
Hello ! Can anyone explain what transient load performace on power supplies is ? Thank you
Replies
Views
Hello I have an exam today and the teacher told us without warning that there is going to be a question similar to the following on the exam...
Replies
Views
Hello all- I have a unique challenge using a customers Direct logic 06 PLC. This customer has a DC motor operating at 10 RPM which is turning a...
Replies
Views
I've got 6 identical regenerative vacuum blowers powered by 6 identical drives in 3 identical panels all fed from the same 1 main building feed...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom