Trending with Intouch - historical

logicinn

hi all
i have a problem geting the history trends to work
im trying to monitor temprature, im using s7-400 plc with wonderware software (archestra + intouch) when using realtime trends i get the data , with the history trends i cant get it to work
can any one shed some light please

thanks

sorry about the spelling

A few things to check:

In WindowMaker, under Configure, click on Historical Logging.

Make sure that the upper check box (enabled) is checked.
If you are using the 'application path' option to store the files, then the entire path cannot be more than 50 characters long.
If you are designating some other location then that location must exist, it will not create the directory for you

After that, make sure that the tags you want to trend each have the 'log data' box checked.

did it , no good. whhhhhhhhhy

first of all thenks robert

i did all of the above, but the trends still dont worko_O
how does the trend know wich log file to go to, where can i see it
and can i get access to the log file outside intouch , then may be i can use the info to build my graphs on an outside program

and again thanks for the help

logicinn said:
first of all thenks robert

i did all of the above, but the trends still dont worko_O
how does the trend know wich log file to go to, where can i see it
and can i get access to the log file outside intouch , then may be i can use the info to build my graphs on an outside program

and again thanks for the help

Can you post a screen shot of your historical logging setup in windowmaker and maybe a screen shot of one your tags that you have enabled for logging.

On your Trend screen, double click on the trend. Does it have a name? If not, click on Suggest.

On your Trend screen, place a button on the screen. Double click on the button and under "Touch Pushbuttons" you will see the Action button. In the Action tab place the following line.
HTUpdateToCurrentTime( "HistTrend" );

"HistTrend" is the name of the trend. If the name of your trend is different, change "HistTrend" to the name of your trend.

This will update the trend to the current time and you should see the data.

John

will do soon

thanks for the help guys
sorry i was realy busy with some projects i didnt notice the replays you sent me but now i do and i thank you for them

i will post a screen shot of the configuration on monday when i get back to the office

and i will try the update button too

will let you know how it turn out

again thank you very much