InTouch 10.5 Historical Trending Size

bwhite

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have the built in historical trending working almost like I want it but save for one thing. I call myself looking high and low, searching here and reading the help files to no avail.

I know about the Historical Trend Configuration under Special and have the number of days set to save but I would like to be able to limit historical trend files to be limited to per cent of available disk space. Is there anyway to do this with the built in logger?

I know, I know, buy Historian but my client won't spring for it. What say you guys?

Ben

Not that I know of. Are you concerned that the disk space on the logging computer will be consumed by other programs generating files? You should be able to calculate the amount of space required for X number of logging days, but I don't know how to dynamically change the logging limits. Limiting the number of days and the number of files generated per day are the only relevant parameters that I'm aware of for controlling log files.