Trio 216 Motion Controller

jad51

I know this really isn't a PLC's question but has anybody had any dealings with a Trio motion controller?
I am trying to connect over a usb to serial cable to the Trio cable but it keeps coming up with time out errors even though it does initially connect.

Has anybody had deals with this controller and connecting to it?🤞🏻

Have you checked to be sure that your communication link (options, communications) is configured properly and is using the comm port that is assigned to the USB-Serial adapter?

Cheers

Hi

I have some but I don't remember connecting been a problem
Is it motion perfect the software you are using
I do remember that the version of firware did cause some problems
So be carful

Donnchadh

Where abouts in Auckland are you?
I believe John Brooks are the agents for the Trio here, they are in East Tamaki.

Other than that i can only suggest a laptop with real com port.