Trying to download program to panelview 300 micro

Please provide the complete catalog number of your PV for the most accurate response.

If your PV does support DH485 you need to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx ( you need a real serial port to use this driver).
If you do not have a real serial port then a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH 485 converter) will work.

What is the PV going to be connected to? ( complete catalog number)

In addition to what Mickey pointed out, RSLinx must not be running as a service to add the PIC driver, and you can't have windows XP SP3 for the OS. SP2 is fine. There is a workaround if you have SP3 installed.

Also, it's possible to change the firmware in the DH485 unit to make it a DF1 device. I just had to do this recently...it depends what your using it for whether DF1 can be used.

Thanks,

Info was very helpful. I ended up using the 1747-UIC ( USB to DH 485 converter) and the DF1 driver, because the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver wouldn't work because of windows XP SP3.