Trying to go online with OMRON CS1G-CPU43H

IPC_Brad

Hello!

I am trying to go online with an OMRON CS1G-CPU43H PLC. I can direct online through CX-programmer, and it reads the data out of the PLC, but it will not go online. In the offline version, in attempting to change the controller, it lists the PLC as a CP1E and will not list the CS1G as a device type at all in the drop down list. I therefore cannot go online with the PLC. What am I missing here?

CS-One Lite Ver.4.28
CX-programmer 9.4.3.1

Thanks for you help in advance!

Ok, let me try to reword this for you. I can use OMRON's CX-Programmer's "direct-online" to one-time go online with the CS1G OMRON PLC. It will grab the program and then go back offline automatically.

It will not stay online, and it will not give me the option to go back online after doing this. All related online, transfer, live PLC options are grayed out in the PLC menu. If I go to "Change Type" for changing the PLC processor, it will not even list the CS1G as an option. Is the version of CX-programmer we bought incompatible with this processor in creating and saving programs for it?

Again, thanks in advance for those who DO help.

If you read my first post, you will see we own CX-One as well...but the Lite version. I am about to call our supplier and ask if the software we bought is compatible with the CS1G processor. Perhaps it doesn't support older OMRON PLCs.

Osmanmom, how would Rockwell software help with OMRON products? They are different manufacturers.

Go to Omron myKnowledge Support,

CX-One Lite includes CX-Programmer Junior for CP1L, CP1H, CPM1, CPM1A, CPM2A, CPM2C and SRM1 PLCs only.

best get full CX-One

RSLink will overide the COM

I have called the distributor and they confirmed that the Lite version only works for "brick" omrons, which we also have, but not modular ones. We are going to have to upgrade. Thanks for your help.