Twincat PLC - how declare variable

derickloo

I'm new in PLC programming. I have a small project which have 15 temperature sensor. How I should declare the variable for this 15 sensor.

I try code below

temp0 AT %IW10: INT;
temp1 AT %IW12:INT;

May I know it's correct to declare like that/

I also have 15 controller which use to control the temperature. How I should declare this 15 controller also?

temp0 AT %I*:INT;
temp1 AT %I*:INT;

This is valid, however depending on how you want to manipulate the data in your program you can also declare it as an array

temp AT %I*:ARRAY[1..15] OF INT;

Ending up with temp[1] thru [15] which can be addressed indirectly

May I know what the meaning of 10?

Can I declare like below
temp0 AT %IW11: INT;

or it must even number?

The AT %IW10 means Input Word number 10. The AT % means it's an address in the process image.
Since INT and WORD are both 16 bits in size (1 byte = 8 bits) we declare the address as Input Word and not Input Int.
The next empty address would therefore be IW12. (10+11 for the first Word, 12+13 for the next)

But instead of keeping track of all the addresses yourself, you can and should use AT %I* and TwinCAT will assign a suitable area for you. If you are using regular Inputs and Outputs, use this. Only use specific areas if you really need to, like with Modbus TCP or likewise.