TwinCAT Programming

Manoj M

Hello Experts,
I have simple query regarding defining memory bits in Global Variables. In my system I have two drives and CX2020 (Beckhoff). The communication protocol is Ethercat.Now I am checking the status of two drives like if they are healthy, fault state, ready to run etc...... via status word. I have made simple program which says Drive_statusword.3=Drive1_Healthy. Its very crude way of writing but I have used Move Function block to write this. Now the problem is this bit Drive1_healthy has been defined in one program and becomes local variable, but now I have to use this same bit somewhere else and it is not appearing in the list for obvious reason. I know I can use drive_statusword.3, but is there any other way out.

Regards
Manoj

Being local or not (TwinCAT 2 here) you can read from that variable writing PROGNAME.VARNAME, if you want to be able to write into that variable too you should declare it as an input variable.

Hope this helps!

all Markers (M bits should be declared in Global Variables, under resources. all inputs and outputs are there too, maybe not obvious when you declare them in the io list.

if you need any variable press F2 and you will see the inputassistant.
and while writing you can get this only after pressing F11(rebuild).
i use F11 very frequent (almost every line i write to see if i made any errors)

@shooter

F11 rebuilds but it tries to connect to the controller too.

Have you tried Alt+P+R? it rebuilds all.
Or Ctrl+F8 which only builds the differences...

Regards!

while writing i am always in simulation mode.
and alt F8 is for making connection
and ctrl F8 is breaking connection.
(as is in original codesys, but any manufacturer can have its own)