Ultra3000 Servo Drive fault.

Tharon

I have an Ultra3000 Servo Drive (2098-DSD-HV030) that is giving me an E41 error code. The manual says that this is a "460V Shunt Protection Fault".

I'm using the Internal Shunt, and the correct jumper is present. I've checked to make sure that the motor is not being manually turned (one of the possibilities given by the manual), and it isn't.

I'm looking through the manual and can't seem to find any info on whether or not there is an internal fuse on their shunt resistor circuit that can be replaced. I tried calling tech support, but my contract only covers weekdays.

The drive powers up correctly, the network status LED turns on solid, and the module status LED flashes (Waiting for enable input). When given the Enable Input, the drive reads E41 for about 10 seconds or so, then returns to the Module Status LED Flashing, and won't respond to the enable input until the power is cycled again.

I'd really hate for a machine to be down all weekend just because a simple fuse on the inside of the drive may need replacing.

Any info or advice will be appreciated :)

Had a similar problem on a Ultra3000, ended up replacing the drive and that fixed the problem. I think they have a decent warranty....we attributed our failure to the fact that the drives were on the E-stop circuit, every time a maintenance worker would enter the cell they would open the door and close it again without the drive fully powering down....

Update:

Monday has come and passed. The machine is now fixed and working correctly.

I had to replace the drive, there were no internal fuses that could cause the problem. Luckily replacing a 3kw version with a 5kw version (only one readily available) was not hard at all.