Unable to add Kepware server error with FT

BlueAltezza

I'm running Factory Talk View ME 8.00 and KEPserver Enterprise 5.3 in order to have a Panelview Plus talk to a remote serial device via Modbus.
After the first install of Kepware it would cause my Factory Talk to freeze every time I closed a project. Uninstalling Kepware, doing a repair on Factory Talk, and then doing a .net repair cleared all of that up in case someone finds the same issue.

I downloaded the Connectivity guide and followed the steps that I could (it's created for SE while I'm running ME). I added the server and created a few basic tags - seemed pretty straightforward.

When I create my .mer I get the following error message:
"Unable to add Kepware server configuration information to the runtime file. Would you like to continue creating the runtime file anyway?

Through my searching I read that some people had to point to the Kepware file from the Tools - Options menu but I don't see anything.
Am I missing something? hopefully something simple!