Unable to connect to Mistibishi Q series

Jamiet123

Hi,

I have recently been making some online program changes to a Q00UCPU plc. I have been using a USB to USB-B connector. And have been happily interacting and editing for a few days. Yesterday the following error message appeared:

Cannot communicate with CPU or station…. ES:01808502

The PLC itself is still functioning happily enough. However I can no longer verify or read a project from it. Connection test fails repeatedly. I have noticed that on device manager, when I connect my device nothing is detected now. I have tried updating all of the USB drivers and com port I am using via the embedded Easysocket folder and they all indicate they are up to date.

I have tried another comms lead and still the same issue. Has anyone experienced this issue or has any suggestions in order to rectify. Nothing has change the only thing I can think possibly that the comm port on the PLC has failed?

Many thanks in advance and happy new year!

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I do not have English software, but I tried to translate the key parts of the connection test screen.

Hope this helps.

MelsecQ_Connection.png

Hi I have the connection setup configured exactly in that manner, I no longer get a driver on device manager appear. So am affectively missing the Mitsubishi Easysocket driver. And I have tried updating the driver and it indicates it is fully up to date but won't detect any device at all, so no PLC located when connected.

Then the USB cable may de defective. Are you using a USB hub?
If the Mitsubishi Easysocket driver is not detected there is no way to establish a connection. If you try to connect the USB cable using another computer, does this other computer detect the Easysocket driver? If you try with another computer and the driver is not detected, I am afraid there is some damage at hardware level on the Q00.

Hi I have configured it for USB yes.

I have also tried connecting with another laptop and lead and still there is no device appearing on device manager. Is it common for the comms port on the processor itself to fail and the PLC still operate functionally?

Last time I had something similar I upgraded GXW2, the USB stopped working, I also tried to re-install usb driver but it said up to date, I deleted it completely & re-installed, worked fine after that.

Parky, Jamiet123's Q00's USB does not seem to be detected by another laptop.
I would advice to get a different USB cable and see whether the Windows device manager can detect it. If it does not get recognized, something may have happened to the USB chipset in the Q00, as strange as this may sound.
The Q00 (at least mine) has an RS232C port which requires a special connector. I think it may be possible to buy or make that connector and use a USB-RS232C to communicate GxWorks2 with the Q00.

MelsecQ001.jpg

Yes I was thinkling about that, the last Q02 I used only had the 232 port it did not have a USB, there must be variations on the ports.

Hi chaps! Many thanks for the assistance with this, it is greatly appreciated. I have a new USB-B to USB cable arriving today, so hopefully all will be a little more clear. I also have an new Q00 processor arriving so I can establish comms in the event it is the comms port on my currently installed processor.

AlfredoQuintero, regarding the comms lead for the RS232C port do you have a cable in mind that is capable of communicating with this port? I have an FX-USB-AW lead I have used previously on FX PLC models, I know it won't work on the Q00 but was just wondering if there is a standard lead that is used for RS232C - USB that is reliable and easily sourced just for me to use for peace of mind?

I do have a lead that is a QC30R2, however I am un able to communicate with the same PLC. But I was unable to use this cable even before the issues I have been experiencing with the USB comms port!