Unable to run FT SE runtime locally due to security

tachypsychia

Hey all,

I have almost zero experience with SE, all ME here.
I need to perform some basic loop checks via HMI and the controller to a system that is not connected to the site network at all yet.
I was hoping to host the network distributed server local to my PC and then run the .cli file while I carry out my I/O checks.

the .apb was sent to me and I can open the project but I'm having an issue with what I imagine is runtime security preventing me from launching the app because my local machine is not in the security group.

"You do not have security privileges to access this application. Click Retry to log in as a different user"

I tried to add the local machine/administrator group to the project, but so far it doesn't seem to work.

I'm chalking it up to something simple that I'm missing as I'm still learning the differences between SE and ME.

Hopefully someone has an idea of what I'm missing.

EDIT: I created a new group and added Windows Administrators to it of which my local machine is a member. I was able to open the runtime! The next trick is being able to get the communication setup correct so the tags properly update. Leaving this here for posterity

Last edited:
Cant find the edit button here, so just replying to my second question as I figured it out yesterday.

The specific application I had required a startup macro that had some VBA for basic log in/view only stuff. Without that macro, nothing would work. Outside of that everything worked like I needed it.