Unable to save the project runtime file

Fourpaw

Hey there,

I am running RSView Studio Ver 4.0 CPR7 and trying to create a Runtime (mer) file.

At the end of the processing I get;

"Unable to save the project runtime file"

then click ok;

"Unable to save the project runtime file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Runtime\XXXXXXXXXX.mer"

then click ok;

Notepad comes up "Could not create FactoryTalk Directory for CPR version 7.0 for this application."

Have reinstalled everything, made sure RSLinX Enterprise setup is ok (Local and Target), its a new PC, file I'm working on works on colleagues PC (which has been setup with a ghost of my machine).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Fourpaw, did you ever find a solution for this issue? One of our laptops started doing the exact same thing today (except CPR is 9, not 7).

Naegely,

From the get go I suspected something was wrong with the factory talk setup and registry entries and doing a basic uninstall/ reinstall wasn't getting me further ahead.

Just made a ghost copy of a hard drive from another PC that was allowing the Mer file to be created and have been happy ever since.

Cheers,

Thanks Fourpaw,

in our case it turned out that some anti-malware had been installed on the laptop. Once it was removed, problem went away.