Uniop hold registers

Howdy Everyone,
We have an old HMI that is a UniOp Model eTOP310U201. It is the only one in the plant, and i didn't even know it was here until a few days ago. I was going thru it, seeing if I needed to worry about updating it to something more recent since it is from 2013, and we don't have a spare. Most of the stuff is straight forward, but I cannot seem to figure out where all these hold registers are going, it is connected to several drives and a micro1400. But it seems like most of the information that goes to the drives gets put in these hold registers, but i cannot find anything that links it, I believe it is set up for modbus, but I cant figure out how to even see that on this. Attached is everything i could find on here. Does anyone know if this is where i would set up the modbus info on where all this stuff goes, or if it is somewhere else, or if i am mistaken. thakn you.

Howdy Everyone,
We have an old HMI that is a UniOp Model eTOP310U201. It is the only one in the plant, and i didn't even know it was here until a few days ago. I was going thru it, seeing if I needed to worry about updating it to something more recent since it is from 2013, and we don't have a spare. Most of the stuff is straight forward, but I cannot seem to figure out where all these hold registers are going, it is connected to several drives and a micro1400. But it seems like most of the information that goes to the drives gets put in these hold registers, but i cannot find anything that links it, I believe it is set up for modbus, but I cant figure out how to even see that on this. Attached is everything i could find on here. Does anyone know if this is where i would set up the modbus info on where all this stuff goes, or if it is somewhere else, or if i am mistaken. thakn you.

looks like they are sending the holding registers to the Micro1400 N7:50, N7:51, and N7:101

N7 is the first Integer file in the micrologix 1400.

you can see it's set up for modbus a few ways, the fact that it's calling it a holding register in the 4xxxx Range calls out modbus holding registers, and the Modbus TCP setting on it.

Modbus TCP is Modbus over ethernet, so it would be going to the 1400 over ethernet.

Howdy Arpus4km,
Thank you for the reply. the three you mentions n7 I understood those ones, but there is a whole lot more that i didn't know where they went. I kept digging and came to the conclusion as well they go to the modbus. From what i found it seems like the uniop has a data exchanger that you configure for the modbus. I am hesitant to try and go online with it, since it is the only one we have and i cannot find another one.

Howdy Arpus4km,
Thank you for the reply. the three you mentions n7 I understood those ones, but there is a whole lot more that i didn't know where they went. I kept digging and came to the conclusion as well they go to the modbus. From what i found it seems like the uniop has a data exchanger that you configure for the modbus. I am hesitant to try and go online with it, since it is the only one we have and i cannot find another one.

What drives are on this? Yaskawa?

Howdy,
THey are Emerson SK and SP drives. one sk drive and 2 sp drives

Best to pull up the manuals for those and see what those registers go to. They are going to be linked at both ends...

You'll see in the micro1400 program what those are tied to, and then on the drive side the modbus is probably going to be a hardcoded register you could find in the manual for them.

I talked to exor who made it. They said there is a way to see the modbus tcp setup, but can't get a clear answer on how to see this from the program. Any ideas?

Hello again, so I realize now (after talking to exor) my mistake that you dont setup the modbus the way i thought you did. And as you were saying above it is set up to registers based on the drive. I am still loss tho, I found the manual, but i cant seem to figure out how any of it lines up. one of the registers is just the direction of the motor which according to the manual is one of the below numbers, but my hold register is 401830. any clue how this is suppose to convert. it is a emerson sp3402 drive. thank you.

Direction 10.13 6.30 6.31 1.03 10.14 2.01 3.02 8.03 8.04 10.40

Note: the prefix "4" (or "40") is just a de facto and/or common convention that says (to read or write a) "16-bit Holding Register"*; that prefix is not part of the formal Modbus Addressing scheme in any way shape or form.

* as opposed to 1-bit Discrete Input, 1-bit Coil (Discrete Output bit), or 16-bit Input Register

THanks drbitboy, that is what i have been coming up with. (among other ways) but none of it seems to line up, the bit for forward/reverse direction, seems to line up with 18.30. But that doesn't seem to be anything to do with it.