Unique HMI password...

MS Dos crashed after 128 files on root folder. Who remembers anymore. 🍻

Windows stops working on that drive (can't say crashes) if there is anything over 256 objects on the root - files &/or folders.

And, the files and folders on the drives are still limited to 8 characters with 3 extensions, Windows runs an interpreter in the background that knows Progra~1 is Program Files, for all files and folders. Open Command Prompt and run DIR for a directory of the real names on the drive.

Last edited:
Windows stops working on that drive (can't say crashes) if there is anything over 256 objects on the root - files &/or folders.

And, the files and folders on the drives are still limited to 8 characters with 3 extensions, Windows runs an interpreter in the background that knows Progra~1 is Program Files, for all files and folders. Open Command Prompt and run DIR for a directory of the real names on the drive.

Nope, I disagree that.
Windows uses max 255 (or 257, 260?) characters for filename, but it can be backward compatible with old style.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filename

Last edited: