Unity Pro and OPC factory server problem

jscott

**Edit, ok I think that the OFS simulator is, well, a simulator so doesn't actually connect to the PLC, weird that I can get the tags from the PLC though...I don't have the license for the full OFS, is there an OPC server I can use with these 2 programs? **

Hi all I'm trying to connect Unity Pro to OFS (and Vijeo Citech)and the values showing up in the server are just random numbers it seems. Booleans toggle on and off repeatedly, with no change in the PLC program.
I've set up a device alias in OFS configuration Tool, and my tags (from Unity)show up. But when I check the values (In Vijeo and OFS Client) they are all wonky!:mad:

Any ideas on what's missing?

I am running these all on 1 PC. Using Unity Pro simulator and OPC Factory Server simulator.

I've got Unity and Vijeo working together without the server, but can't get this last piece to work. I've read and done every tutorial I can find, but there doesn't seem to be much info out there.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks @VON_Hydro. I'm doing that and it works well for learning Citect and how they work together. But it's the server side of things that I'm fairly clueless about and trying to learn. Also, can one make trends with that setup?
I'll be doing some work in a plant with a Unity-OFS-Citect set-up, so trying to get a jump start on practising.