Unity Pro Modbus TCP IO Scanning question

dcp325

Hi,

Could anyone help me with the following problem?

The setup is as follows:
Schneider M340 with a NOE 0100.2 ethernet card connected to a Bluetooth modbus IO access point by Phoenix Contact.
IO scanning has been enabled and works fine until the cable is removed, following this the diagnostics in Unity pro tells me that the connection is faulty/absent.

Now, when I reinstert the cable to reestablish connection those connections stay in the faulty/absent mode.
Upon checking the connection between those two components (PING) I receive an echo from both thus telling me that both are just fine and responsive.

I'm guessing there's something wrong with the IO scanning from the NOE 0100. Would I need to send some command to restart the IO scanning?

Reading schneiders documentation hasn't made me any wiser regarding IO scanning except from the fact that I can enable and disable channels, but this doesn't revive connection once it's been stated as faulty/absent.
o_O

Thanks in advance.

I think the issue is with the phoenix units. I have used io scanning in the M340 and have never needed to restart a connection. I have powered down the field devices (Altivar drives and Advantys io), the connection shows as faulty and then on powering up the connection returns to normal.

Thanks for your reply GeoffC,

When I cycle the power on the Phoenix module and then power it up again the connection reestablishes, but I would like to get the connection back without a executing a power cycle.

How are your experiences with the field devices you previously used when removing the bus connection and connecting it again?

Does the io scanning recognize the field devices without removing the power from them?