Unity Pro XL Timers

ControlP

Hello everyone,
I am a new member but have visited the forums many times in the past.
Currently I am converting a ControlLogix RSLogix 5000 program to Modicon Unity Pro XL. I was wondering if there is someone that may be familiar with both software packages. I would like to know is there a status bit to monitor that a TON is accumulating/Timing like the .TT bit in RSLogix? If not how would you monitor if a timer is actually accumulating time? I do not want to monitor if it is enabled or done but only if and when it is accumulating.

There really isn't directly. You'd have to look at the variable that is created for each timer instance (the FB Instance variable) and check to see if the .IN is on and the .Q is off to tell the timer is timing but not done yet.

Or you can do own dfb (derived function block). Locate inside of it ton timer. Make also and-block and compare with it if ton timer's input is on but output is off = TT-output at DFB-block.

Thank you for the response.
What I have done but have not tested is in Ladder Diagram I tied the ENO pin to the EN pin of a TP: Pulse instruction so when my TON instruction is enabled it also enables my TP: Pulse instruction the Pulse sets the Q bit to 1 when enabled and 0 when it has timed out so I believe that when Q pin of the TP instruction is 1 this should mean that I am My TON is accumulating. Note: The value for PT is the same for both instructions.

Does what I have described sound to be true?

"Hello everyone,
I am a new member but have visited the forums many times in the past.
Currently I am converting a ControlLogix RSLogix 5000 program to Modicon Unity Pro XL. I was wondering if there is someone that may be familiar with both software packages. I would like to know is there a status bit to monitor that a TON is accumulating/Timing like the .TT bit in RSLogix? If not how would you monitor if a timer is actually accumulating time? I do not want to monitor if it is enabled or done but only if and when it is accumulating.

Last edited:
I would be very careful using the EN and ENO bits. If you have an EN on the function block then the function block will only execute while that EN input is true, so if that function block has an output that is true then turning off the EN input will leave the output of the function block at the state when the EN turned off ie the output will remain on.
You would be much better to build a DFB that could exactly behave as an AB timer does.
PS Try using FB style programming in Unity I find it a much cleaner method, far fewer internal (temporary) variables are required. What would normally take a number of rungs can be expressed with a few interconnected function blocks

Not sure
I would still use a dfb. Here is a retentative timer I use. The first picture shows the dfb being used in the program.
DFB.JPG

The second shows the internal logic
Logic.JPG