Unity Pro XL Ending Timers Early

ControlP

Hello I have a question for those familiar with Unity Pro.
I have a TOF when the rung goes false the Q bit stays set to 1 until the preset time runs out. There are times when that rung goes false that I would like to end the TOF early. By moving the Preset (PT) into the elapsed time (ET). With the Rockwell software I am more familiar with you can move the preset in to the accumulated time to end a timer early. I am having a hard time figuring out how to do this in Unity.
If anyone else has ran into this scenario I would like to hear how you did to make this work.

Thanks.

Since it's an IEC timer that means it's a function block. If this is a major issue then I recommend growing your own. That way you can give it all of the functionality you want.

Good luck,

Yosi

I am working on my first Unity Pro program and found this to be a learning exercise for me. From what I can gather, you cannot write directly to the ET like you can the .ACC in AB. Like Lare suggested, move a 0 into the PT, but wait, there's more!

In IEC, PT and ET are of the TIME Data Type. Time's default time base is in ms. You will want to make your desired preset a DINT variable and use a DINT_TO_TIME function. Your actual PT variable will be a TIME data type.

Below is a snap shot of the ladder version I came up with. I'm sure it can be done more elegantly. Easy enough to "roll your own" FB though. I hope this helps.

Early_TOF.jpg