Unity with M340 Topological Variable Error

I am trying to create a DFB that moves 16bits to Word, Word to INT, INT to Array of EBOOL. Basically a discrete output map. For the last function (Array to EBOOL) I created an Output Pin Called DO_Word to be visible on the DFB. I created a tag DO_2 (Array 0...15 of EBOOL) and tied it to the DO_Word Pin.

DO_2 = Array 0...15 OF EBOOL, Address %Q0.2.0.0.

The intent is to have 16 bits read directly into the DO Address. The card is in Rack 0, Slot 2.

I have done this in the other direction DI Address to bits, basically the opposite of above and it works fine. With this DO DFB though I get a message when I build: The topological variable is incorrect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Trent

I am trying to create a DFB that moves 16bits to Word, Word to INT, INT to Array of EBOOL. Basically a discrete output map. For the last function (Array to EBOOL) I created an Output Pin Called DO_Word to be visible on the DFB. I created a tag DO_2 (Array 0...15 of EBOOL) and tied it to the DO_Word Pin.

DO_2 = Array 0...15 OF EBOOL, Address %Q0.2.0.0.

The intent is to have 16 bits read directly into the DO Address. The card is in Rack 0, Slot 2.

I have done this in the other direction DI Address to bits, basically the opposite of above and it works fine. With this DO DFB though I get a message when I build: The topological variable is incorrect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Trent

Can you post a screenshot of the DFB, i am struggling to fully understand what you are doing without seeing it.

To map outputs from application to physical we normally just use WORD_TO_BIT

Attached you will see the tag created and the DI tag that does the same thing... only opposite.

Also attached is the DFB as I want to use it and the code inside the DFB.

Thanks again for any help possible.

Trent

Tag that gets error.jpg DFB with Tag.JPG DFB Logic.JPG

What I don't understand is why you want move 8 bits to byte and then to array.
You could easily move them directly to %Q address with eight move blocks