unstable analog input

harrydeharry

Dearall,
I am using a Delta SS2 PLC with 6xa analog card,
[ TO K0 K1 H480 K1]
using first two analog inputs ans 0~10 v dc input and rest of the two as
4~20 ma, if I check my input from the device in a form of 4~20 its coming stable, while checking on plc it is very unstable, while i have checked it with shelled cable, groundings, other noises etc.

Please suggest what cud go wrong as i had not used delta as well as analog much.
BR

Well the shield should only be. connected at 1 end so the interference drains instead of causing a ground loop. secondly it is possible your meter isn't fast enough to.detect the changes the Plc is seeing. you can make averaging logic to smooth the signals out.

Common mode voltage

Harry,

What is the common mode voltage between the channels? Most analog input cards can deal with 5 vdc between the channels, but any large difference will cause problems.

Steve