Update RSLinx

gas

I have a laptop with 5000 installed, it has linx v4.11. The dongle is in another town.
I downloaded CCW and tried to connect with an Panelview 800 and I got the yellow question mark.
I attempted to download a newer version of linx and after filling the serial # questions it wants to download a new 5000.

Is there any way to just upgrade linx?
Tech connect has an hour wait

Thanks

If all you are looking for is a link to download RSLinx Classic, it is here. The serial number you entered is most likely for Studio 5000 (or possibly RSLogix 5000).

You can most likely upload the EDS file directly from the PanelView in RSLinx, but if not using the Product Compatibility and Download Center, you can download EDS files for the PanelView 800 if that is all you need.

Mikey,
When I click on classic it asks for the S/N. It see that number as 5000 and wants me to download that entire file.

Try RSLinx Classic Lite (free). If memory serves me correctly, the only real reason to have a licensed copy of RSLinx is for the OPC/DDE function. If the serial number you are using is for Studio 5000, that does not entitle you to RSLinx Classic Pro or OEM. Lite is what comes with Studio 5000 by default.