upgrade yeah ney

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've brought this up before.

Should I upgrade my Unity software from v8 to v11?

I'm affected by zero software bugs right now.

I have PTSD software upgrade nightmares since 1995. i.e. I've went through every AB horror.

we are staying with version 8.1 for as long as we can. it is a good build and we are not using any of the M580 or ethernet stuff that might require new releases.

May I recommend a VM? If you can keep a VM with the old software, it may be worth carrying out the upgrade and testing the new features.

With the VM, it doesn't matter if the new software doesn't work out, as its isolated from the old software.

I wouldn't like to stay too far behind the latest version simply because of some other manufacturer. Then again I wouldn't bother if there is a large cost and nothing in the new feature list seems remotely relevant to your operations.