Upgraded CompacLogix firmware, lost some tags

MartyMaucher

CompactLogix L33ER with Panel View 7 system originally running v28 was working fine in the field. Updated the PLC software and firmware to v30 to fix one of the signals in ladder logic. Now some of the tags are showing "?".

Would updating the firmware and software to v30 change the location of tags if the set of tags did not change?

LostSomeTags.JPG

Look for a GSV command in the PLC logic that is reading the PLC clock and verify that it and any other logic associated with it is working correctly. Then check the HMI tags.

Similar Topics

I'm working on a project, adding a couple large machine components to an existing Control Logix L71S. The original program was written in v20. I...
Replies
Views
I just upgraded from proficy Machine Edition series 90-30 to PACSystem RX3i CPU IC695CPE305, after validating and downloading to the PLC, all...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I upgraded a Machine to a CompactLogix ( from a SLC 500), but I never knew that the SLC that I replaced communicated with a...
Replies
Views
Not super familiar with OPC servers and how they scrape tag data. But the current system uses an old Kepware software package called KepServerE...
Replies
Views
Hello, i am trying to upgrade from a SLC 500 to a Compaclogix L36-ERM. There is a L72 controllogix that uses MSG intructions to read and write to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom