Upload from Simatic w/ comments

Daye.04

As far as I can tell, there's no real way of uploading a program from the PLC to the computer while retaining the comments and symbol.

Say you have no version of the program on your computer, and your only way of getting the program is to upload it - is there no way of getting the symbol and comments as well as the network titles along too?

Blasted!

Well, I guess I have no other option than to sit down and write everything myself, then -.-

At least I have what seems to be the symbol list, so I can just load that in to the program. Of course - assuming the I/O list has not changed ...

The original project must have existed - are you sure there is no back up you can track down?

Siemens S7 1200 PLC's now store tag names and comments in the PLC memory and are available on-line.
Guess this does not help you though!

Yeah, there is a backup. And older version, though. So like a 1/3 of the networks doesn't exist in the backup.

But speaking of backups. Is there a quick and easy way to transfer the nettwork names and such from the backup to the uploaded program?

And Moggie, no ^^
No helt, appereantly we're still sticking with 300/400. Perhaps I should tell them to start ordering 1200 from now on =P

If the code differences are not so many, copy-paste the differences from the uploaded project to the old backup one-by-one.
Then you have all the symbols and comments from the old backup.
And no, there is no way to do this fully automatically.