Upload from SLC 5/04 using (USB to DH485)

Hi All,
I have SLC 5/04 which is already running plant. Now i want upload load the program from that PLC.
i have connected RS232 cable and check Auto Configure, but the message says that
"Failed to find baud and parity “check all the cable and switch settings".
But i have offline program, i saw that channel configuration inside the program
Channel 1 configured - DH+
Channel 0(system) configured - DH485
Channel 0(user) configured - ASCII

Now, please let me know what cable should use to upload the program from SLC 5/04 CPU.
I believe we can use USB to DH485 cable. Please confirm and let me know how to do that.
Thanks in advance for your support.
Best Regards,
Kumar

If the serial port on your SLC 5/04 is configured for DH485 then a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter) will get you connected. See pdf below

Can you post the .rss file? (zip it first)

In the offline program's 'Channel Configuration' pay attention to the 'General' tab. Under 'Channel 0' the 'Mode' must be 'System'. If it is 'User' then the running PLC may not be available from RSLogix.

If it is 'User' then note the 'Mode Change Enabled' box. If it is checked the the mode of the channel on the PLC may be able to be switched by using Hyperterminal (or some other communication program) to send the 'Mode Attention Character' then the 'System Mode Character'.

Good luck.

Hi Mickey,
Thank you very much for your reply. i will try to connect same converter (1747-UIC) in next week and let you know. i should use one more cable (1747-CP3) together with that converter correct?
can some help what is difference between "channel 0 System" & "channel 0 user" both have configured in my existing PLC prgoram.

thank you for every one!
Regards - Kumar

Thats the correct cable (`747-CP3 null-modem cable)

See bernie's post about the "system" vs "user" mode.

Thats the correct cable (`747-CP3 null-modem cable)

See bernie's post about the "system" vs "user" mode.

Thank you Mickey and Bernie!

Sorry for ask too many questions. Since i have DH+ ports available in this CPU (round connector). can i use DH+ cable (1785-U2DHP) to upload the program from SLC 5/04 CPU. What driver i should use in RSLinx.

Thank you for your support!

Regards - Kumar

It depends on the version of RSLinx, see pdf below it has everything you need to know to get connected with your 1784-U2DHP.

Thank you Mickey , Bernie & Everyone,
I have used 1747-UIC cable and uploaded the Program from SLC 5/04.
Thank you all for your support!
Regards - Kumar

Hi all.
I want to renovation an plc 5 allen bradly hmi system with factory talk software.
Ther are two plc in rs232 network. I want to implement an ethernet network. How can i mixed rs232 with ethernet. What is baud ratevresult? I have some practice with ifix software and familar with opc server.
Best regard