UPS or Buffer Modules

kckku

Does anyone have any recommendations on UPS or buffer modules that can handle power flickers? We don't need a system that can back up for an extended length of time like an hour. The problem that we have is short flickers in quick succession.

One of our machine suppliers suggested an ABB DPA 60 system (40 kVA). There is some hesitation from management because the system is quite large and the cost is quite high. This is why I am wondering if anyone else have similar systems or recommendations.

Thanks.

See if you can source a surge suppressor or line filter that has brownout protection. We regularly use these Emerson's SOLA STV 25Kline filters. We use these for filtering power intended for controllers, DC power supplies, and PLC's.
Features
• Compact and narrow design maximizes panel space.
• Low clamping levels for more effective protection.
• Easy access terminal screws for quick mounting
and installation.
• 50,000 amps of surge protection.
• Sine wave tracking and all mode protection provide
consistent and reliable protection on all electrical paths.
• Thermal fusing prevents MOV overheating caused by
excessive current levels.
Here is the entire product family.

Last edited: