Urgently need RSLogix 5000 software

boswellw

Hello. Since some colleagues did not live up to expectations, I am in dire need of RSLogix 5000 for a ControlLogix 1756-L63 processor. My local Allen-Bradley agent (in Australia) doesn't seem to be fulfilling my expectations either. Is there anyone here that can assist with purchasing of the package for full functionality by Monday? I know AB support agents sometimes roam here. Our company works almost exclusively with Siemens, and this will be the only AB controller we'll actually provide support on, so we're looking for the most viable option with regards to software. We're unsure if we should purchase a Standard edition of version 18 with support for version 13, or whether we should take Enterprise.

Is there any way to purchase over the net which would allow a download of the application and the activation?

Many thanks.

Controller info:

Controller = ControlLogix 1756-L63
Controller Revision = 13.4
Software Revision RSLogix 5000 = 13.00.00

Hmmm, I cannot exactly help you, but when I was at TechEd, they said they are having trouble with the company that distributes their software for them (I believe they said HP). So long lead times are expected. I'm guessing that it is not your distributors fault, but more along the lines of the people that actually make(the disks)/distribute Rockwell's software.

I know with the OEM toolkits that we have, our activation takes place over the web.

as afar as the software over the net i am pretty sure they can do it....the activations are all being moved from master disks to factory talk so they are done through the net.

Are you in Australia, or in South Africa as your avatar flag indicates ?

I don't have direct experience with Rockwell Automation in South Africa, but they have a sales office in Johannesburg and the phone numbers for service and support are +27. They're even doing an Automation Fair type event this month.

http://www.rockwell.co.za/applications/gs/emea/gsza.nsf/pages/Midrand_(Johannesburg_Branch)

Service Dispatch
Tel: +27 11 654 9700

Parts Repair/Exchange
Tel: +27 (0)860104373

Local Tech Support
Tel: +27 (0)860104373

Let's set aside the logistics of software order fulfillment; they obviously can't send you software that you haven't ordered yet, and the formal order process takes more than overnight.

You're in a tighter spot than most because you want to run version 13, which is old enough that it requires an old-style activation. It won't run in "grace period mode" for 7 days like the current versions will. And your local office can't get a quick temporary activation over the Internet like they can for the current versions.

You need the attention of your local RA office in order to get the software and get an activation that will let you run it. Be persistent, be polite, and be willing to let a salesman talk to you after you get the activation going.

To decide which Edition you need, take a look at the Edition chart here:

Obviously the Edition depends on which optional features you need; if you need only ladder logic and don't use ControlNet, get the Standard edition. If you are using all the languages and all the networks and autotune... get the Professional edition.

http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/2416247/360807/1837528/tab2.html

Thanks for the responses all. Have eventually settled on Standard with Revision 13 support along with the Structured Text add-on. Fortunately due to the site's somewhat ridiculous safety regulations the project has been postponed and I'm flying back to SA which will give me enough time to order in the package.

It was slightly concerning for a second there considering the four week lead time.

Thanks again all.

Hi Boswellw

pm me if you need some contact names and numbers of Rockwell Automation people. My contacts are in Durban and i have only a lot of praise for them, they will bend over backwards to help me when i need help. Where about in SA are you?