Using a Numeric Input Enable in FactoryTalk View ME

Cydog

Good Morning ,

I'm trying to use a Numeric Input Enable in a FactoryTalk ME application.
I have a REAL ( Data Type ) that I would like to change , so I set that tag up in the "Connections" tab. I then went into the Label tab , and inserted a variable so that the operator can see the change.

I thought I had everything right . Test ran the application , and when I enter in the keyboard the new number , in the Compactlogix program that real tag never changes . But when I went in the program , and I changed the REAL tag to 70 from 100 , the change showed up on the label ,

That tells me that there is something in the " Connection Tab " that I may be doing wrong. I can't imagine that , because it is just a tag link .

Any thoughts ,

Thanks

Right click on the tag in the PLC program, go to properties and make sure that "External Access" it is set for Read/Write.

If you just enter the value into the numeric input object and press enter, it displays it locally but doesn't send it to the PLC. You'll notice that if you navigate away from the display and then back to it, it will have reverted back*.

To send the value to the PLC, you have to click the "download" button on the keypad popup.

*I'm not 100% on whether it will revert back if the display is cached. If the display is not cached, it will definitely revert back, but I'm not sure whether the cache stores the entered value or not. In any case it's not relevant to your problem, just a disclaimer for the sake of completeness