using batteries in PLC cabinet or UPS outside the cabinet

Charbel

Dears,

for indoor located PLC cabinet, my preference is to use UPS for supplying the PLC cabinet, PLC cabinet is located indoor and the UPS will be located indoor.

Batteries in PLC cabinet will have some disadvantages if used inside the PLC cabinet:

1- possibility of releasing toxic
2- needs to have all components served by battery in DC not in AC.

I really appreciate any feedback on this issue.

thank you,

charbel

Dears,

for indoor located PLC cabinet, my preference is to use UPS for supplying the PLC cabinet, PLC cabinet is located indoor and the UPS will be located indoor.

Batteries in PLC cabinet will have some disadvantages if used inside the PLC cabinet:

1- possibility of releasing toxic
2- needs to have all components served by battery in DC not in AC.

I really appreciate any feedback on this issue.

thank you,

charbel

What is the issue you are worreid about ? No issue with VRLA in a cabinet as long as its not sealed.

What load is the PLC equipment and how long does it need to be held up for ?

We use these and don't have any issues:

http://www.pulspower.com/products/p...set]=0&cHash=58ca2705abd6581580152047986f513e