Using PLC tag values to make displays appear

blackdiamonz

I am having trouble with a few displays in factory talk SE. I am trying to have specific displays appear when a specific tag is set to a value. When I right-click the display, I go to Display Settings, then to Behavior, and finally to Startup Commands. In the Startup input display I input an expression using the expresssion editior with an If...Then Statement. The statement is setup If {[RSD_Controller]T18.DN} == 1 Then Display Tank Display. Any help is appreciated.

"Startup Commands" and "Shutdown Commands" are RSView commands issued when the Display opens and when it closes, rather than commands that cause the Display to be opened or closed.

Generally, Displays are opened by operator navigation. To have a background event open a Display, you need to use the Event Detector.

But wait... it's a little more complex than that. Opening Displays is a Client-side action.

Because FactoryTalk View is a distributed system and the Event Detector runs on the Server, you can't easily have it cause an event to occur on a Clent.

There is a fairly simple VBA Script workaround to get such a function to work, documented in the RA Knowledgebase as Article ID 22007.

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22007