Using Rslogix500 in lieu of DAT unit?

RyeGuy

Hello,

Is it possible to use the RS logix 500 software to mimic any type of commands that the 1764-DAT unit on the ML1500 plc uses?

I have a Password protected software but the DAT tool can be used to access some critical information for troubleshooting/resetting the software program.

Any help or other work around without the obsolete 1764-DAT would be helpful !

RSLogix 500 would need to "go online" with the controller before it will give you data table access, and that requires a password.

RSLinx Classic has a read-only "Data Monitor", though I don't recall for sure if you need a DDE/OPC capable license or if RSLinx Lite supports that features.

And of course any HMI will let you access the data table unless they're read or write protected.

RSL_Data_Monitor.PNG