Using Siemens failsafe I/O as standard I/O

doomsword

I have a Siemens S7-414 PLC that has, among other things, one ET200SP rack that has one safety F-I/O card (6ES7136-6BA00-0CA0) (two emergency pushbuttons are wired there).
This card is defined to use PROFIsafe, that since we don't have F or H PLC is impossible (?) to have PROFIsafe, and of course our hardware configuration is now not consistent and cannot be downloaded to CPU.

I'd like to use this card as 'normal' card, to basically disable safety option of this card and just read inputs wired there (of course emergency pushbuttons would be rewired directly to machine to ensure safety). Is it even possible to do something like this?

Otherwise I think this card will be gone, it will be useless to us if we need safety PLC to execute proper emergency pushbutton logic, then we will just do hardwiring and wire feedback about pushbutton status to some other rack.

You cannot use an F-input card without an F-CPU, so yes it is useless to you for your current system.

You would need an F Type CPU to use an F Type input.

If you see the yellow modular slices, then those are the ones for the F Type CPUs.

It's not possible to reassign them to standard type.