vary a DB numbers at a BLOCK_DB input of a FC

rick-brinkman

I use a FC that copy's data from one database to one other.
This FC has two inputs of type BLOCK_DB (One input for a DB number to copy from and one DB number to copy to). Unfortunately the DB number of one BLOCK_DB input isn't constant

So what I want is to change the DB number at a BLOCK_DB input conditionally.
If it’s possible, how can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

You could create a local variable of format WORD and an INT input.

Example

in = DB_No Format INT

temp = tDB Format WORD

Code would be

L #DB_No
T #tDB

OPN DB[#tDB]

I use a FC that copy's data from one database to one other.
This FC has two inputs of type BLOCK_DB (One input for a DB number to copy from and one DB number to copy to). Unfortunately the DB number of one BLOCK_DB input isn't constant

So what I want is to change the DB number at a BLOCK_DB input conditionally.
If it’s possible, how can I do this?
Thanks in advance.

Your function have only one input address for source and another one for destination.You can't use the costant for input , because you need to specific the Db number , start address to copy and length of data to copy.In this case normally is used the data type Any.
You need to put for DB example:
Code:
 P#DB100.DBX0.0 BYTE 55
for I example:
Code:
 P#I100.0 BYTE 55
for Q example:
Code:
 P#Q100.0 BYTE 55
for M example:
Code:
 P#M100.0 BYTE 55