VB and PLC's

seppoalanen , I would like to see you write to the data registers in the plc like that. I think you are just using the plc as a pass through to the printer when you send the txt file.

zmanvortex,
InTouch (IT), some plc, a few printers with serialPort
Procedure is like this:
-PLC sends (IT fetch) ID-code (some SQL-Table's Key-code) to IT and Tag: Print Label2
-IT executes SQLSelect(..."ID="text(ID-code,"#") etc. script commands, generates tags for label and sends label contents to printer2 SerialPort.

But how easily, what I need more and why, because OS can do it but not IT. I can do it with VBasic without eny extra driver.
I have feel I repeat my self, but I don't like their way to sell drivers for nothing and I must do 'nibble virtual acrobatics'.

Your method is fine if you want to print to a printer, but we are trying to change values in the data tables of the plc, such as the Input and Output tables, Internal Bits , timer and counter presets or accumulated values, or just regular data words.