Version and Article Numbers

Meyers Mills

Hi
I downloaded a trial version of Tia Portal and very eager to create offline projects.
The problem is ,when choose 'create new project ' and give my project a name.
Under ' configure a device ' one needs to select type of controller ,specify version and article number .
I am finding it difficult typing in the version and article No. When I type it doesn't appear on the screen.Because of that, there's no general properties in project view, help!
The basic and extended instructions are also not visible in project view, how does I access the instructions in project view.
I am using TIA Portal for the first time
Help

You shouldn't need to type part numbers in directly; I generally expand the tree to find what I'm looking for.

The basic and extended instructions should be in the instructions tab on the right side, once you add a CPU. They won't be visible until then, as they change depending on which CPU family you're using.

It sounds like you're getting stuck at Step 0. There are a lot of youtube videos available showing how to get started in TIA, I'd recommend trying some.

Hi MK42,
Many thanks for your support, I managed to find my way out of it thanks.I didn't have to type it in, I'm grateful ...

Welcome to TIA Portal, expect that this kind of thing will happen often: the software is powerful but therefore the interface is similarly complex and non-intuitive. So as a beginner you will find your way more by luck and by clicking than by using intuition.

I believe the way to do this is to navigate down the [Controllers] tree that is to the left of the text and selection boxes that you are trying to fill in.