VFD Controal

The Simatic Manager (I believe that's what you meant) itself is not suitable to control speed of anything. That's hardware (PLC + VFD) and software (PLC program) what do the job.
Are you looking for general posibillities you have ?
Or maybe you already have some hardware and need help in programming that stuff ?
Be more specific.

That would depend, there are numerous options depending on the hardware.

You can use an analog output to a drives analog input to use V (0-10) or milliamp (4-20) as speed control.

A fieldbus (Profibus etc) offers methods to control speed.

Those were just 2 examples but there are many more options.

The specific HOW TO would depend on several factors which you have not provided enough details to offer specific assistance.

Similar Topics

Hi there, I have above mentioned VFD which is communicating to my control logix(L62) plc using devicenet DNB scanner(plc side) and 20-comm-D card...
Replies
Views
Hello, first of all let me state for the record that I'm not a tech of any kind, I have limited experience with industrial automation devices, so...
Replies
Views
Sorry in advance for the long post, but this requires a little back story. I work in a facility with a couple hundred VFDs Most are in a web...
Replies
Views
Customer want to use contactor for their 5HP motor blower application. im leaning to VFD. anyone use contractor for blower application...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would like to assemble a simulator/practice booster pump system that uses PID to maintain steady water pressure under various outlet demands...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom