Vijeo Historian &SQL Server Queries

miss.andrews

Hi,

I currently have Vijeo Historian running on a server computer for my client. I can use the Vijeo Historian Add-In for excel to bring up data that I want. The problem is that I want to setup schedule tasks that will automatically run excel and update the file and then date it with the date and time. I have spent time trying to figure this out but I am not that knowledgeable.

Also I thought that SQL Server has so many more options and stuff to really tailor the report to my client so if anyone has use SQL server with Vijeo Historian and has an information or help that they can pass along that would be greatly appreciated.

Schneider Electric is not helping me because they are telling me to take their Vijeo Historian course. Unfortunately I do not have the time for that nor does my client have the money. Also I find that there courses do not really offer very much. I have taught myself how to use Unity Pro XL and Vijeo Citect with the help and I have been using it for 2 years and understand it very well.

Any help with the scheduled tasks or SQL server and Vijeo Historian would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Miss Andrews,

If you are open to trying a new product, please check out XLReporter. It can poll data directly from Vijeo or SQL database, and you design your report templates right in Excel using all the features you know to set up scheduled or ad-hoc reports.

Evaluation version is available from here.

Hope it helps.

Bill

I looked at the XLReporter but it seems to interface with CitectSCADA which is actually different from Vijeo Citect. Is this software expensive?

I have Excel and SQL Server and Historian and such I don't understand why I cannot use the existing software that I already have to achieve what I want.

Thanks

Hello Ms. Andrews,

I think you can achive what you are trying to do with VB code in Excel and SQL programming in SQL database.

XLReporter can connect to a historian via OPC-HDA and connect to SQL database both with native connectors, so it does not require any programming at all. It starts at $1295.

Regards,

Bill