Virtual Machine questions

I have started using Hyper-V for my virtualization needs. Works well for me.

I have a little bit of experience with VirtualBox, and Hyper-V seems very similar to me. The only caveat I've heard about is that USB passthrough from the host to the VM is disabled by default, but I believe it's fairly straightforward to enable it.

I have a little bit of experience with VirtualBox, and Hyper-V seems very similar to me. The only caveat I've heard about is that USB passthrough from the host to the VM is disabled by default, but I believe it's fairly straightforward to enable it.

I tested out Hyper-V at one point and the USB issue was a deal breaker. At the time there was not a work around. It was designed to be isolated and USB support was purposefully not included. I was looking at USB adapters, like an RS232, or a DH+ adapter. They were all no go. At that time at least.

OG