VM on a stick

That is correct. Typically licensing for virtual machines is identical to physical machines - ie pay for multiple companies. If they tie the license to hardware hashes it uses the virtual drivers. However, one main goal of virtual machines is to abstract this so, in most cases, once activated, if you copy the virtual machine to another physical one the software will most likely remain activated. You'd want to test to make sure if you're using this for a mission critical backup or whatnot.

Not having used anything other than the virtual XP built into Win7, I am curious what hoops you need to jump through to activate the MS operating system. Is it activating itself based on pseudo hardware settings in the VM instead of the hardware of the device you were running the VM on at the time you activated the OS?

Similar Topics

I'm building a hydraulically-operated tractor-mounted boom that will be used to read temperatures within bulk material piles. To simplify the...
Replies
Views
Hi all hoping someone here may have ran into what im having, tech support is not being particularly useful, had someone teamviewer in then go...
Replies
Views
I am trying to export the alarm history on a Panelview Plus 7 to a USB stick. I cannot get it to write to the USB stick. I have tried the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a function where I have to use Joystick to control the solenoid valve. I am using Joystick as an input to PLC(micro820 or micro850...
Replies
Views
We have a project that has existing proportional valves and joysticks that they're using. The customer wants to eliminate the controller/driver...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom