VM with Hyper-V

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Our IT department is sold on Hyper-V for virtualization due to the savings in windows licensing. I have not gotten into VMs yet, but my counterpart is using the Hyper-V set up by our IT department to experiment with IA Ignition.

I don't know of any major difficulties he's had with it yet, since all the Rockwell software on it will be RSLinx Gateway running Ethernet drivers, and the Factory Talk Concurrent licensing, there may be no problems.

Anyone have any comments on Hyper-V as a VM platform with Rockwell Software?

I installed FT SE 5.0 and Viewpoint on Hyper-V without any issues related to Hyper-V. It has been running for about a year and a half.

HTH